クラシックギターのフォーラム
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Show in a hot spring

2 posters

Go down

Music Show in a hot spring Empty Music Show in a hot spring

投稿  whooper 2009-05-14, 5:46 pm

Dear all,

It is our great pleasure to introduce a part of our activities. We planned, prepared, and staged a music
show on April 25 in a remote Japanese styled hot spring "Ryokan" or inn approx. 450 km northward from
Tokyo.

Our female member, Karen-san, lives in that hot spring village. She asked a neighbor of a chance, if she
could play for local people. The good neighbor relayed the issue to a close female owner of an inn.
Instantly "Yes". Her husband always follows "Yes, ma'am" way. Laughing

Karen-san called up volunteers among forum members. I and Conna-san accepted the offer. Though we
had been old Delcampers, we didn't meet before. One week before the D-day, I and Conna-san did a
rehearsal and set a program.

We drove down in my car. It took approx. 5.5 hours through higways. It was not an isolated place but in
a small basin short of mountains. Quiet and pastoral place, indeed

Music Show in a hot spring Naruko11

First of all, we visited Karen-san's house and greeted an alpha cat. He leads a stray but quite easy life.
When hungry he calls on Karen-san and asks of meals. He paid a return salute for us. Rolling Eyes

Music Show in a hot spring Nushi_12

He laid down and relaxed urging us to follow suit. He lives with friends, ticks, so can' be invited home.Sad

Music Show in a hot spring Nushi_13

Karen-san keeps another house cat. She looks graceful and gentle. While I try a vintage Lacote model,
she stays on my knees. Very Happy

Music Show in a hot spring Jiro_c11

The Inn is here. Check please: East Naruko Onsen

The owner set up the stage and hall.

Music Show in a hot spring Butai11

Approx. 30 seats. We saw fully seated that night bounce

Music Show in a hot spring Kyakus11

Part-I: solos and ensembles

Karen-san: Fantasia, J. Dowland, Green Sleeves, Irish traditional, Magic Flute variations, F. Sor
Whooper: Canon, J. Pachelbel, Largo, A. Dvorak, Prelude, F. Calluri, Torna a Surriento, R. Curtis
Conna-san: Green Sleeves variations, his own flamenco improvisation, Barcalore in black, sing self-
accompanying

These were recorded during rehearsals. Unfotunately, we didn't record real performances. You might
feel a glimpse of that exciting night.

Gymnopedies No. 1, E. Satie, melody Karen-san and Conna-san, rhythm Whooper

Serenade, F. Schubert, melody Karen-san, rhythm Whooper

Two mandolin concert, 2nd movement, A. Vivaldi, 1st Karen-san, 2nd Conna-san, continuo Whooper
We follow the Delcamp edition. Merci beaucoup Maestro J.F. Delcamp

Some more, Adagio, T. Albinoni and Two guitars, Russian traditional

Part-II: let's sing together

Guitar; Conna-san, Karen-san, and Whooper
Accordion; Whooper
Bongo drum; Karen-san or Whooper

I played my father's hand-me-down, a small diatonic accordion. My father was an amateur musician.
This instrument was prodouced in 1935. He bought this in his youth. Father and I used to play with
this in my childhood.

Music Show in a hot spring Tombo_10

Music Show in a hot spring Tombo_11

We played Japanese and world nursely songs, Japanese oldies and pops in 70'-80'. The audience was
mostly in middle and senior ages so they were quite happy and excited to sing together. We prepard
a one-and-half hour stage. Quite surprisingly or mixed blessing, we were requested one more hour go.
We may say great success. Everybody looked happy and in high spirits.

After the show, we tasted various local foods, mostly healthy wild vegetables. Wink

Music Show in a hot spring Feasts11

We thank local supporters heartily for their sincere cooperation and heart-warming hospitality. cheers

Music Show in a hot spring Suppor10

We are requested to stage again in this autumn. We would ask you of your help. Please join in and
enjoy "Onsen" and music! bom

Thank you for your attention.

Whooper
In honor of the guitar trio.

最終編集者 whooper [ 2009-05-15, 8:05 pm ], 編集回数 1 回
whooper
whooper

投稿数 : 627
所在地(Location) : Osaka Japan
Registration date : 2008/11/13

トップに戻る Go down

Music Show in a hot spring Empty Re: Music Show in a hot spring

投稿  Vesuvio 2009-05-14, 6:40 pm

Dear Whooper-san,

Bravo!

It is wonderful to see the photographs and to hear some of the music!

What a wonderful idea from Karen-san and an excellent reason for you all to get together—congratulations to everyone involved,

Best wishes, V Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Vesuvio
Vesuvio

投稿数 : 34
所在地(Location) : Northern England
Registration date : 2008/11/23

トップに戻る Go down

Music Show in a hot spring Empty "Doo mo doo mo" or you are very welcome

投稿  whooper 2009-05-14, 7:46 pm

Dear Vesuvio-san,

Thank you so much for your words. Karen-san is quite forward-looking and tries to contribute to her
local people. In February, she took an audition, passed and allowed in a large hall in Niigata. Her
neighbors held a send-off party. From our forum I and Conna-san went to see and cheer her up on
the stage.

Here is my report, sorry Japanese only

https://cgs-net.forummotion.com/forum-f8/topic-t276.htm

She played Pavana and dances by G. Sanz. She is a brillant virtuoso. You can hear her Sanz

https://cgs-net.forummotion.com/forum-f21/topic-t319.htm?sid=2f530128a8c6cbf9913929b6807eb7a5

We men have only to follow ladies, replying "Yes, ma'am" Embarassed

With very best regards
Whooper
P.S. Thanks in Decamp net too
whooper
whooper

投稿数 : 627
所在地(Location) : Osaka Japan
Registration date : 2008/11/13

トップに戻る Go down

投稿  Vesuvio 2009-05-14, 8:12 pm

Hello Whooper-san,

whooper wrote:...We men have only to follow ladies, replying "Yes, ma'am" Embarassed ...

Such is life Crying or Very sad Wink but usually we are happy to folllow. Very Happy

Thank you very much for the link to Karen-san's Sanz—I enjoyed that very much,

Best wishes, V Smile
Vesuvio
Vesuvio

投稿数 : 34
所在地(Location) : Northern England
Registration date : 2008/11/23

トップに戻る Go down

投稿  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

トップに戻る Go down