クラシックギターのフォーラム
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kazuhito Yamashita

4 posters

Go down

Kazuhito Yamashita Empty Kazuhito Yamashita

投稿  nighttime 2009-01-01, 2:47 am

What do you think about Kazuhito Yamashita's interpretion of Sibelius' Finlandia on guitar? I have heard it a couple of times and I think it is magnificent. I'd like to know how to get a hold of that official recording - has that ever been published as official track on official CD? Thanks for any info!
nighttime
nighttime

投稿数 : 8
所在地(Location) : Turku, Finland
Registration date : 2008/12/08

トップに戻る Go down

Kazuhito Yamashita Empty Finlandia guitar version

投稿  whooper 2009-01-01, 2:29 pm

Nighttime-san,

What do you think about Kazuhito Yamashita's interpretion of Sibelius' Finlandia on guitar?

Huh? Shame to me, I didn't know he arranged this great music. I knew he did some orchestral works, for instance, Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition". He played Finlandia in duo with his younger sister, Naoko. I tried to search any clue and found this was released in a domestic LP record in 1985. I am afraid a re-make or coupling CD is unavailable as of now. I wish to listen to it. He is 10 year or over younger than I. I had known him by name. He was reputed a genius in his teens. When he started his ambitious projects, I stopped guitar. So I don't know much about Yamashita.

As for Finlandia, you have a particular feeling and meaning for this music, right? Great patriotic music to remind us of severe oppression under Russian empire and your brave independence. I liked this too when I was young. I also liked Sibelius' violin concert.

Pardon me for being not assistive Sad
Whooper
whooper
whooper

投稿数 : 627
所在地(Location) : Osaka Japan
Registration date : 2008/11/13

トップに戻る Go down

Kazuhito Yamashita Empty Re: Kazuhito Yamashita

投稿  nighttime 2009-01-02, 12:27 am

whooper wrote:Nighttime-san,

What do you think about Kazuhito Yamashita's interpretion of Sibelius' Finlandia on guitar?

Huh? Shame to me, I didn't know he arranged this great music. I knew he did some orchestral works, for instance, Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition". He played Finlandia in duo with his younger sister, Naoko. I tried to search any clue and found this was released in a domestic LP record in 1985. I am afraid a re-make or coupling CD is unavailable as of now. I wish to listen to it. He is 10 year or over younger than I. I had known him by name. He was reputed a genius in his teens. When he started his ambitious projects, I stopped guitar. So I don't know much about Yamashita.

As for Finlandia, you have a particular feeling and meaning for this music, right? Great patriotic music to remind us of severe oppression under Russian empire and your brave independence. I liked this too when I was young. I also liked Sibelius' violin concert.

Pardon me for being not assistive Sad
Whooper

Thanks Whooper for your reply! I think it is the one he played with his sister that I have heard a couple of times. I found it on YouTube, but I suppose it has been removed since I could not find it any more. I'd like to buy the CD if it's available on CD. I especially liked how he had arranged the dramatic start of Finlandia for guitar. I think it is really impressive work! As a guitar player myself I really liked this although of course - Finlandia should be played with full orchestra to get the full potential. Anyway, Yamashita is amazing classical guitar player. I enjoy listening to him play any song.

Glad to hear you know Sibelius' work Whooper! Great! Sibelius' Finlandia brings images of Finnish nature to my mind when I listen to it. I do not know why, but that's the way it is. It just sounds like "Finland", heh, if you can imagine what I mean Smile Forests, lakes, streams, pine and spruce trees, winter, snow, wilderness. Cold, but also a hope for a something warm.
nighttime
nighttime

トップに戻る Go down

投稿  yasuo 2009-01-02, 2:54 am

Hi nighttime,

I did a quick research about Yamashita's Finlandia recording with his sister.
It was recorded in an LP form in 1985 which is not converted to a CD form yet.

Since it was recorded in the LP record, it is presumably impossible to obtain the record.

I hope a CD version of it be released in the near future.

Smile

yasuo

投稿数 : 42
所在地(Location) : 南カリフォルニア(southern California)
Registration date : 2008/11/22

トップに戻る Go down

投稿  nighttime 2009-01-02, 4:48 am

yasuo wrote:Hi nighttime,

I did a quick research about Yamashita's Finlandia recording with his sister.
It was recorded in an LP form in 1985 which is not converted to a CD form yet.

Since it was recorded in the LP record, it is presumably impossible to obtain the record.

I hope a CD version of it be released in the near future.

Smile

Thank you very much Yasuo for your research regarding this! I'll have to try to find the vinyl LP! Actually - I prefer vinyl recordings so I hope I could find this LP somewhere!
nighttime
nighttime

トップに戻る Go down

Kazuhito Yamashita Empty NICE

投稿  purne93 2011-05-26, 2:09 pm

NICE Very Happy

purne93

投稿数 : 3
Registration date : 2011/03/12